Friday, August 15, 2008

Beehive Camp

I had the opportunity to be a leader at Beehive Camp this month. Spending 4 full days with 8 girls age 12-13 was so much fun. It made me feel young again!! We camped up at Ensign Ranch in the Cascade Mountains. The weather was perfect - hot during the day, cold at night and clear skies. The stars were beautiful at night! The only thing that would have made it better was being able to sleep a little more than 5 hours per night. We got to go horseback riding one morning and spent the afternoons at a huge slip & slide. One day we went on a 5.5 mile hike through an old train tunnel through one of the mountains. It was cool to be in the middle of the tunnel and only be able to see a speck of light at each end. Below is our group on the west side of the tunnel after our lunch break. It was a beautiful view - lots of trees, green & wild flowers. I had to do the Sunrise Devotional the last morning of camp and it turned out better than I expected. There were about 70 people that went, which was a little intimidating, so I was glad when it was over.
Here is me on the rope swing. In the background you can see Emma Bryant on the platform that you had to climb up to swing down on the rope. It was scary at first, but soooooo much fun. The girls were impressed that I did it.
Here is the Child family picture from our reunion in July. I'm a little slow getting it posted. My cousin Brock took them for us and they turned out good. It is Mark's parents and all their children, grandchildren and 1 great grand child.


No comments: