Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Denial Letter #2 from United

September 6, 2016

Dear Ms. Child:

I appreciate the time you took to respond; I recognize that you still have unresolved concerns and I am sorry that this is the case.

I thoroughly understand your point of view and again wish to express my regret in failing to meet your expectations.

After reviewing the case again, I must unfortunately decline your request for reimbursement of expenses. I am very happy to hear that Expedia was able to refund you a portion of the tickets for your experience. However since Expedia issued your tickets on through TAM, they are ultimately responsible for the handling of the tickets. When we tried to reissue the ticket to us in order to fix the problem, we were unable to do so. Notes in your flight record indicate that one of our airport representatives contacted TAM in order to have them reissue the ticket and they refused. At that point we did our best to assist you. I am sorry it did not work out.

Ms. Child, as a gesture of goodwill, I have authorized an Electronic Travel Certificate for each of you in the amount of $100.00 for your future use which will arrive by email within a few days. I hope you will use the certificates to allow us an opportunity to provide the service you deserve.

Ms. Child, we at United Airlines wish you the best and hope to someday regain your confidence. Should you give us another opportunity, we will work hard to provide the quality service you deserve.


With kindest regards,

L.J. Rawcliffe
Corporate Customer Care
Case 10892740

No comments: